Research in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Please see the Faculty Directory for more information on each faculty member's research focus and current publications.
Biochemistry at SDSU
Research in the Biochemistry group -- our fastest growing division in SDSU Chemistry and Biochemistry -- presently includes studies of the following.
- biochemical mechanisms of human disease (Christal Sohl);
- transfer RNA biogenesis and disease (Manal Swairjo);
- signal transduction (Peter van der Geer);
- NF-kappaB regulation, muscle motors, and antibodies (Tom Huxford);
- protein design (John Love);
- zinc metalloproteins and peptides, marine microbial iron metabolism (Carl Carrano);
- gene expression (William Stumph).
Apply to graduate school at SDSU!