The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University is the flagship chemical education and research program in the California State University system. Learn more »Study organic chemistry in Sweden! Apply here.
- The outstanding graduate from the Chem & Biochem Department is Andrew Fedoriouk, and his most influential faculty member is Kathy McNamara. Congratulations to both!
- Congratulations to Chem & Biochem awardees at the College of Sciences end-of-year festivities: outstanding staff member Jeanette Corona, outsanding faculty member Christal Sohl, and outstanding teacher Chris Harrison!
- The Sohl group has published its first paper from work at SDSU, a study of isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 mutations in relation to cancer. Congratulations to the authors!
- Chemistry Chair and SDSU Distinguished Professor
William Tong has been selected to receive the 2017 Faculty Award for Diversity, for his work securing and managing major grants to support research by undergraduates from underrepresented groups. Congratulations, Bill!
|Sep 01||Dept. Seminar – Lance Elliott, SDSU, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 08||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Floyd Romesberg, The Scripps Research Institute, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 15||Dept. Seminar – Dr. Jamie Schiffer, University of California San Diego, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 29||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Tracy M. Handel, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Oct 06||Dept. Seminar – Dr. William Farrell, Pfizer Global R&D La Jolla, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Oct 20||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Jessica K. Bell, University of San Diego, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
Recent donors to SDSU Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mr. Jay Breaux
- Richard L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
- BlueDoor LLC
Main Office: GMCS 209 • 5500 Campanile Drive • San Diego, CA 92182-1030 (U.S.A.) • Phone: (619) 594-5595 • Fax: (619) 594-4634