Prof. David Pullman's lab studies the photophysics of nanoparticles.
Prof. Christal Sohl studies the molecular mechanisms underlying human disease.
Nucleic acid structure and modification
Prof. Swairjo has a new paper on the biosynthesis of an important modified tRNA nucleoside.
NMR of novel materials
Prof. Greg Holland was recently awarded a Kavli Fellowship for his work.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University is the flagship chemical education and research program in the California State University system. Learn more »
SDSU offers the ACS-accredited bachelor's degree.
- The American Cancer Society has awarded one of fewer than a hundred grants this cycle to Prof. Christal Sohl for her work on the role of enzyme variants in cancer. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Prof. Jing Gu and her research group on the publication of two high-profile papers in Nature Communications and Energy & Environmental Sciences!
- Work by Prof. Yong Yan's research group on perovskite photocatalysis has just been published in J. Am. Chem. Soc., the premier journal of chemistry, and is highlighted in C&E News! Congratulations to the Yan group!
- Hear about Prof. Erica Forsberg's work in her video at the new SDSU Research Horizons site.
|Apr 26||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Karilyn E. Sant , San Diego State University, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|May 03||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Tayloria Adams , University of California, Irvine, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|May 10||Dept. Seminar – Dean Jeff Roberts, San Diego State University, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|May 24||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Andrew Bocarsly, Princeton University, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Aug 23||Dept. Seminar – Lance Elliott, SDSU, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Aug 30||Dept. Seminar – Prof. David Patrick , Western Washington University , GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
Department Chair: William G. Tong
Undergraduate Advisor: David Pullman
Graduate Advisor: Thomas Cole
Graduate Admissions: Douglas Grotjahn
Faculty and Advisor Office Hours (download Adobe Reader)
Recent donors to SDSU Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mr. Jay Breaux
- Richard L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
- BlueDoor LLC
Main Office: GMCS 209 • 5500 Campanile Drive • San Diego, CA 92182-1030 (U.S.A.) • Phone: (619) 594-5595 • Fax: (619) 594-4634