Prof. David Pullman's lab studies the photophysics of nanoparticles.
Prof. Christal Sohl studies the molecular mechanisms underlying human disease.
Nucleic acid structure and modification
Prof. Swairjo has a new paper on the biosynthesis of an important modified tRNA nucleoside.
Marine Bioinorganic and Bioorganic Chemistry
Prof. Carl Carrano, awarded a fellowship to study in Germany by the Hanse Wissenschaftskolleg Advanced Study Institute, is editing a special issue of Molecules.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University is the flagship chemical education and research program in the California State University system. Learn more »
SDSU offers the ACS-accredited bachelor's degree.
- We are accepting applications for a tenure track faculty position in Biochemistry.
- Congratulations to Prof. Erica Forsberg for a new paper in Nature Communications on the spatial organization of intestinal microbes!
- Prod. Manal Swairjo has just published a new paper on bacterial salvage enzymes in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences! Check out this fascinating work.
- Profs. Komperda, Bergdahl, and Purse have been awarded a NSF S-STEM scholarship grant in collaboration with Southwestern College. This five-year $5 million grant will provide scholarships for community college chemistry majors transferring to SDSU as well as opportunities for mentored undergraduate research experiences with SDSU chemistry faculty.
|Dec 13||Dept. Seminar – Biochem, TBA, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Dec 20||Dept. Seminar – Biochem, TBA, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Jan 24||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Rendy Kartika, Louisiana State University, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Jan 31||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Joe Topczewski, University of Minnesota, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Feb 07||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Liu Chong, University of California, Los Angeles, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Feb 21||Dept. Seminar – Dr. Mark Glover, Agri-Intelligence, UK, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
Department Chair: William G. Tong
Undergraduate Advisor: David Pullman
Graduate Advisor: Thomas Cole
Graduate Admissions: Douglas Grotjahn
Faculty and Advisor Office Hours (download Adobe Reader)
Recent donors to SDSU Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mr. Jay Breaux
- Richard L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
- BlueDoor LLC
Main Office: GMCS 209 • 5500 Campanile Drive • San Diego, CA 92182-1030 (U.S.A.) • Phone: (619) 594-5595 • Fax: (619) 594-4634