Prof. David Pullman's lab studies the photophysics of nanoparticles.
Prof. Christal Sohl studies the molecular mechanisms underlying human disease.
Nucleic acid structure and modification
Prof. Swairjo has a new paper on the biosynthesis of an important modified tRNA nucleoside.
Marine Bioinorganic and Bioorganic Chemistry
Prof. Carl Carrano, awarded a fellowship to study in Germany by the Hanse Wissenschaftskolleg Advanced Study Institute, is editing a special issue of Molecules.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at San Diego State University is the flagship chemical education and research program in the California State University system. Learn more »
- The Sohl group provides the backdrop for this great story about undergraduate research into cancer, and is also featured in the President's Podcast!
- Read about the Huxford group's undergraduate research in this SDSU News article!
- The Gustafson lab has just had a paper accepted to J. Am. Chem. Soc.. Check it out!
- Read the profile of Prof. Douglas Grotjahn's work in the latest review of SDSU's Research Highlights!
- Congratulations to Prof. Erica Forsberg for a new paper in Nature Communications on the spatial organization of intestinal microbes!
|Apr 17||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Fangyuan Tian, CSU-Long Beach , GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Apr 24||Dept. Seminar – Dr. Indrawan McAlpine, Pfizer Inc., GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|May 01||Dept. Seminar – Jason Zbeig, Amgen Inc., GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 11||Dept. Seminar – Luo Long , Wayne State University , GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
Department Chair: William G. Tong
Undergraduate Advisor: David Pullman
Graduate Advisor: Thomas Cole
Graduate Admissions: Douglas Grotjahn
Faculty and Advisor Office Hours (download Adobe Reader)
Recent donors to SDSU Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mr. Jay Breaux
- Richard L. Jenkins, Ph.D.
- BlueDoor LLC
Main Office: GMCS 209 • 5500 Campanile Drive • San Diego, CA 92182-1030 (U.S.A.) • Phone: (619) 594-5595 • Fax: (619) 594-4634