These are the people who actually keep the Department of Chemistry running.
Laura is responsible for financial matters regarding the Department.
Please see Jeanette for the following:
- Graduate Admissions Assistant
- Key issue
- Distribution of special study add codes
- Holiday Party/Summer BBQ
- Fac/TA evaluations
- Room reservations (for CSL 508 and GMCS 217)
- Seminar Coordinator
- Adjunct appointments
- Distribution of parking permits
Reneé is responsible for overseeing office matters regarding the Department.
- Refer an issue to the Chair
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Class scheduling
- TA assignments
- Lecturer and Student contracts
- Faculty/Grant contracts
- Academic Transaction Forms
- RTP process
- Faculty travel
- Commencement Coordinator
- Special Study Grades
- Faculty/Staff Attendance
- HR issues
- Evening Exam/Review Session Reservations
- Instructional Student Assistants (hiring process)
- Faculty Searches
- Chemistry Scholarships
Instructional and Technical Staff
NMR Facility Director
Equipment Support Technician
- design and/or fabrication of research/teaching equipment from metals, plastics, or wood;
- vacuum pump maintenance or repair;
- assistance with a mechanical problem in one of the labs or offices;
- access to the machining, sheet metal, and woodworking tools in the Chemistry Shop.
Organic Storeroom Supervisor
Mark runs the stockroom that furnishes materials to many of the research labs and all of the organic laboratory courses, including Chem 232L and 432L.
Freshman Storeroom Supervisor
Marcia runs the stockroom that furnishes materials to all of the lower division laboratory courses including Chem 100, 102, 200, 201, and 202, serving some 800 students each semester.
Solutions Storeroom Supervisor
Maria and her student staff, in the Organic & Upper Division Stores (the Solutions Room, CSL-504, and the Equipment Stockroom, CSL-503) support the teaching labs by preparing and staging reagents and instruments, and managing their hazardous wastes. Research labs can arrange for the issue of some chemicals and equipment when available, then provide replacements to the teaching stock.