|Sep 01||Dept. Seminar – Lance Elliott, SDSU, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 08||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Floyd Romesberg, The Scripps Research Institute, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 15||Dept. Seminar – Dr. Jamie Schiffer, University of California San Diego, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Sep 29||Dept. Seminar – Prof. Tracy M. Handel, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
|Oct 06||Dept. Seminar – Dr. William Farrell, Pfizer Global R&D La Jolla, GMCS-301, 4:00 PM|
- Check out Prof. Sohl's informative interview on San Diego News 8 about cancer research, in preparation for her appearance as an expert in the Fleet Museum's Suds and Science program.
- The outstanding graduate from the Chem & Biochem Department is Andrew Fedoriouk, and his most influential faculty member is Kathy McNamara. Congratulations to both!
- Congratulations to Chem & Biochem awardees at the College of Sciences end-of-year festivities: outstanding staff member Jeanette Corona, outsanding faculty member Christal Sohl, and outstanding teacher Chris Harrison!
- The Sohl group has published its first paper from work at SDSU, a study of isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 mutations in relation to cancer. Congratulations to the authors!
- Chemistry Chair and SDSU Distinguished Professor
William Tong has been selected to receive the 2017 Faculty Award for Diversity, for his work securing and managing major grants to support research by undergraduates from underrepresented groups. Congratulations, Bill!